An exhausted Indian White-backed Vulture Gyps bengalensis was rescued in Maharashtra State, India. Examination revealed that it was not injured but was emaciated due to starvation. The vulture was fed in captivity by the Forest Department. To rule out the possibility of viral infections, cloacal, tracheal and serum samples were collected from the vulture. They were negative for Avian Influenza (AI) viruses, Newcastle Disease Virus (NDV), Infectious Bursal Disease Virus by virus isolation. We observed neck drooping behavior by vulture when approached by humans. The vulture flew away but after two days, was found dead 60km away, due to electrocution. Our report suggests that electrocution may also be an explanation for the decreasing numbers of vultures in India.